So you’ve probably heard about ombre hair, nails and lips. The word ombre simply means fade, it means having two different colours that are monochromatic blended so that they fade into one another.
Ombre lips are traditionally done with the darker shade on the outer edges of the lips and lighter shade on the inside. Reverse ombre lips is simply a reversal of this with the darker shade inside and blends with the natural lip on the edges.
Ombre lips if done right produces astonishing results, otherwise you just end up looking tacky.
How To Get The Perfect Ombre Lips
- Lip balm
- Lip liner
- Light shade of lipstick
- Lip gloss (optional: Needed only if you want a glossy look)
- Exfoliate your lips with a mixture of sugar and lip balm to have smooth lips.
- Create a line around the edge of your lips with a dark lip liner. Add more of the lip liner to the corner of your lips and towards the middle of your lips.
- Apply the lighter lipstick shade to the middle of your lips where you didn’t apply the lip liner.
- Pat your lips together. You can use your lip brush or cotton bud to blend the edges of your colours together.
- Highlight cupid’s bow with a highlighter.
- For a glossy finish, you can apply clear lip gloss.
Reverse Ombre Lips: How To
To get the reverse ombre lips, simply use the darker colour in the middle and the lighter colour on the outer edges of your lips.
Just a tip, you’ll want to keep your eye makeup and accessories subtle, since you want the attention to be on your lips.